Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What if I'm not happy about my penis size?

If you're really worried that your penis is the wrong size, go and see your doctor.

If you're not happy about consulting your GP on such an intimate matter, you could see one of the medics who spend their entire day checking men's penises. You can find these doctors at:

  • private 'well-man' clinics, but take care: a few of these are run by quacks

  • NHS urology clinics

  • NHS sexual medicine clinics

  • NHS genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinics

  • NHS family planning clinics, although these tend to be oriented towards women and don’t have much time to deal with males.

  • Brook advisory clinics (for the under 25s).

What treatments are there to increase penis size?

Many companies claim they know how to enlarge your penis - for a price.

We have recently been to several medical conferences at which leading experts have spoken about penis size and penis enlargement.

Their opinions on the various methods that are so widely advertised to the public can be summed up as follows.

  • Pills or patches for increasing penis size: a complete waste of time.

  • Penile enlargement surgery: of uncertain value and sometimes dangerous.

  • Penile enlargement exercises: probably pretty futile.

  • Penile suction devices: probably of little use.

Several European experts say that the relatively new stretcher or extender devices may sometimes be of value in giving a man a little extra length.

No comments: